Sunday, January 20, 2013

Attempting paleo banana bread

Here is an experiment.  I bought 7 lbs of coconut flour, and here is the first recipe.  I scanned the Internet for recipes, and then, of course, did something different.

First, I only had one banana instead of 3 recommended.  Second, there is absolutely no way I would add a full cup of brown sugar into a single loaf of bread.  Ridiculous!  Third, I had some Kefir, so I used that to help when mixing the dough.

Warning - this tastes pretty good, but is quite dense and maybe a little dry.  Next time, I may try it with 2 bananas.

Ingredients:
2 cups coconut flower
1/2 cup chopped cashews
1 banana
2-3 tbsp Cacao powder (which is a lot like cocoa powder)
3 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla (I forgot to add this)

Photo sequence:

Banana and brown sugar - about 3 tbsps
Add the eggs
Chopped cashews
Cacao powder
Adding Kefir
Grease the pan with coconut oil.
Ready for the oven - 350 for 25 - 30 minutes.


No comments: