Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Buffalo Meatballs

My name is Riley and I have boundless energy!!!

Well, there was a little hiatus from posting as I adjusted to having a new kitchen helper, Riley.  She's about 10 months old now and quite full of energy.  I've been hiking so much that I've lost about 3 lbs.

I also needed to come up with something a little different in terms of a recipe.  So, here are some grilled buffalo meatballs with a veggie mix of Japanese sweet potato, yellow squash, spinach, and shallot cooked in ghee.  I'm upping the carbs in my diet after getting a question answered on an episode of Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution podcast.  Essentially, I was in sort of a limbo land between a ketogenic diet and one with not quite enough carbs.  Listen to the podcast for more details.

Here's the photo sequence.

Garlic and olives

1 lb of ground buffalo from Costco

Mix it together

Add some black pepper and cayenne

Form into meatballs

These are very low fat, so I coated them in Avocado Oil to prevent sticking on the grill


Onto the gas grill with Man Grates

Almost done
Here's a sweet potato that I pre-baked.  This makes it quicker to cook since you just need to heat it up.

Finished product










No comments: