Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Kitchen Sink

I'm not exactly sure what to call this dish.  I failed to thaw some grass fed beef, so I had to improvise for dinner.  I started with 1/3 lb organic Berkshire pork sausage (from Riverview Farms) fried in about 2 tbsp of bacon grease.  Then, I added a cup of leftover veggies from the night before.  Brussel sprouts, kale, shallot, cauliflower - which were cooked in ghee the previous night.  Then I took 3 eggs and 2 oz of fresh spinach.  Mixed that all up, and added the eggs/spinach to the mix.  Cooked it for a few minutes on the stovetop, and then switched to the oven at 350 for about minutes.  Then added 1 slice of New Zealand grass fed cheddar.

It looks kind of disorganized, but it ended up tasting quite good.

 
Here's the cast iron pan used to produce this dish.  (Thanks Mom)


No comments: